The Parent Forum decides how their representatives on the Parent Council are chosen and how the Parent Council operates. You can view our constitution here. It is important to us that our Parent Council represents the rich diversity of our school community. We warmly invite all parents to volunteer or put themselves forward as representatives on the Parent Council.
Parent Councils are different in each school to enable them to meet the needs of parents/carers locally.
The main aims of the Parent Council, currently chaired by Kerr Willis, are:
- to support St Andrew’s in its work with pupils
- to represent the views of parents
- to promote contact between the school, parents, pupils, providers of nursery education and the community
- to report to the Parent Forum
- to be involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff
- to raise funds for the school for the benefit of pupils
- to organise fun events for pupils and families that build community
- to ensure our whole community can be nurtured and inspired to flourish!
Want to join us?
We’ve had an incredible year; the difference the Parent Council has made to the school community has been incredible.
Have an idea?
We want to hear from our parents about how we can support the school to make it even better! Tell us your ideas, aspirations or share your talents with us.
“This is a Parent Council who really get things done- it’s great to be part of it.”
Primary 1 Parent