We welcome parental involvement and engagement, as research has shown that when parents are involved children do better in school.
All parents are welcomed and encouraged to:
- be involved with their child’s education and learning;
- be active participants in the life of the school; and
- express their views on school education generally and work in partnership with their children’s schools.
What can you expect?
- a response to your queries or comments (our communication policy is here); simply email us on Admin@foxcovert-rc.edin.sch.uk or call us on 0132 339 2383
- Learn Alongs in your Child’s Classroom (COVID PERMITTING)
- Curriculum Mornings in Primary 1 (COVID PERMITTING)
- Meet the Teacher Events (COVID PERMITTING)
- Home Learning tasks that are deigned to inform you about your child’s learning
- Parental Consultations twice a year (usually in November and May)
- A written report about your child’s learning and progress (usually shared in May)
- Regular Surveys to allow you to share your views and contribute to our improvement plans
- An overview of the year’s learning planned for your child available on the school website
- A written communication before we explore sensitive aspects of learning e.g. relationships, sexual health, parenthood, drugs awareness etc
- Attendance at school and class Masses
- Regular written communication via ParentMail (emails)
- Attendance at all school assemblies (COVID PERMITTING)
- A minimum of 3 tweets per week shared by your child’s teacher regarding the work of the class